Regular price $55.00
L.V.G. CII Imperial German Air Service Fall 1916
The Luft-Verkehrs-Gesellschaft mbH Model CII first flew in 1915, and was designed as a two-seat reconnaissance scout. About 300 were built. They were equipped with a Mercedes DIII engine of 160 HP. The CII had a maximum speed of about 80 mph and a ceiling of about 13.000 feet. Armament consisted of a Parabellum 7.92 mm machinegun operated by the observer in the rear seat. Newer versions also had a fixed forward firing LMG 08/15 machinegun and were able to carry 60 kilos of bombs. On 28 November 1916, an LVG CII aircraft was flown across the English Channel and dropped about 120 lbs of bombs in the general vicinity of London’s Victoria Station.